With Thanksgiving around the corner I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen, trying out various recipes to be prepared for the big day. Today I am posting about this yummy vegan choc almond cake that is really easy to make. I had made this cake for a special event and hence the decoration on the top. You can make a healthier version of it without the frosting. You can even replace sugar with dates for the sweetness. Hope you enjoy baking it as much as I did.
- ⅓ cup almonds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose Flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup canola oil (I used olive oil instead)
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pack Chocolate frosting
- 1 tube white colored frosting
- Other cake decorations as needed
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Coat a 9 inch round cake pan with oil or butter
- In a blender, blend almonds with almond milk and add the lemon juice and sugar to it
- In a big bowl add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the canola oil with the vanilla extract and add it to the almond mixture. At this point your batter should be ready
- Bake it in the oven for about 30 – 40 minutes
- Now, to frost it, I used store brought chocolate frosting. Unfortunately, there is no low-fat version of this.
- Then I decorated the cake with the white frosting and voila, it’s ready. 🙂
Enjoy this for dessert with coffee or tea and have a great thanksgiving.