Hope you all had a lovely long weekend. I enjoyed my stay-cation did this long weekend and did some Cooking, Netflix and Wine at home and got some much needed me time.
For those of you who don’t know me much, I am little bit of a health freak. I love coming up with healthy recipes which satisfy my palette and taste good. This is one of my favorite recipes. What’s better than a healthy pizza loaded with veggies. So today I am going to teach you how to have fun while doing some baking and eat a pizza without feeling guilty. So without further adieu, here you go:
- 1 bottle of your favorite wine
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
- Low fat feta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil/ Cooking spray
- Tomato Sauce
- Veggies (grape tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, pepper etc)
- Red Chilli Flakes
- Put on some nice music and open a bottle of wine.
- Grate a cauliflower into crumbles. You can use a grater or a food processor.
- Put it in the microwave for 7-8 minutes to semi cook it.
- Take a few sips of your wine.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl beat an egg, add some salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of low fat feta cheese and 2 spoons grated Parmesan cheese to it.
- Mix the cauliflowers into the mixture once it cools down.
- Grease a round pie pan with olive oil/ oil spray and press in the cauliflower mixture into it to with a spoon to create the crust.
- Take few more sips of your wine.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes at 425 degrees until golden.
- Take the pan out of the oven, coat it with tomato sauce (1/2 small can), and all the veggies on top ( I used grape tomatoes and olives), you can use mushrooms, pepper etc.
- Put some grated cheese on top.
- Put it in the oven again for about 10 minutes until it’s bubbly and the cheese melts.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Top it with oregano, basil leaves and red chilli flakes.
- Voila..!! Low fat cauliflower crust pizza is ready. Enjoy it with “Orange is the new Black” or your favorite series and some more wine. 😉
Told you baking can be fun. Let me know how it tastes. Until next time Chicas.